Moscow urges all Ukrainian armies to “lay down their arms” – News

“Don’t risk your fate, make the only right decision, stop military operations and lower your weapons,” the Russian defense ministry said in a statement when Moscow launched a major invasion of eastern Ukraine.

The Russian government warned in a message addressed to “all Ukrainian military personnel and foreign mercenaries” that if the resistance continues, the fate will be bad “because of the cynicism of the Kiev authorities.”

Russian troops also promised to “save” the lives of Ukrainian fighters from the strategic port city of southeastern Ukraine, Mariupol, which would continue to occupy the Azovstal industrial zone if they surrendered.
“We urge the Kiev authorities to show common sense and order the fighters to stop their senseless resistance,” the Russian Ministry of Defense said.

Russia had made a new threat demand on Tuesday morning for Ukrainian forces defending the city of Mariupol (east) to surrender at 12:00 local time (10:00 in Lisbon).

A few hours after this request, the Russian army claimed to have opened a corridor to allow Ukrainian soldiers who had surrendered in Azovstal to leave.

The Russian Ministry of Defense also stressed that a local ceasefire has been established to ensure a safe exit.
This Tuesday night, however, the Russian military regretted that “no one” had used this humanitarian corridor before 9 p.m. local time (7 p.m. in Lisbon).

According to the same source, the humanitarian corridor will reopen on Wednesday at 1pm local time (Lisbon at 11am).
Since the siege of the strategic port began in early March, Moscow has repeatedly asked Ukrainian troops to lay down their arms.

Last week, more than 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers went to Mariupol, but several hundred others are still besieged at the massive Azovstal steel plant, where they lead fierce resistance, according to pro-Russian separatists.

This Tuesday, Donetsk separatist military authority Eduard Basurin said “attack groups” backed by Russian artillery and aviation had “partially” launched an attack on Azovstal.

The same source assured that there were no civilians in this industrial area, contrary to what Ukrainian fighters reported on the spot.

Already in Kharkov, a large city in northeastern Ukraine, at least three people were killed and 21 injured this Tuesday as a result of new bombings in Russia, local authorities revealed.

Regional Governor Oleg Sinegoubov confirmed the deaths through the social network Telegram and added to Ukrainian television Hromadsky that 21 people were injured in the attacks on the city’s four residential areas.

“The intensity of the bombings in Kharkov has increased,” Sinegoubov said, urging residents to resort and not to take to the streets.

Five people were killed and 15 injured in Russian attacks in Kharkov on Monday, while six were killed and 24 injured in Russian attacks on Sunday.

According to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s second-largest city may be one of the targets of Russia’s attack on eastern Ukraine that began on Monday.

The governor of the Donetsk region, Pavlo Kyrylenko, also said in a telegram that three civilians were killed in the area and five people were injured, including a child.

Leave a Comment