Goiânia– This Saturday (April 23), the city of Goiânia reinforced the cleaning services of the capital’s fountains and water mirrors to control Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, which cause dengue fever, yellow fever, zika and chikungunya.
On Sunday (24), continuous work will continue on emptying the water mirrors to clean the tiles. The entire process uses chlorine and aluminum sulfate to better clean the areas.
To prevent an increase in the incidence of disease, Goiânia City Hall recommends that the population remain vigilant in removing potential mosquito breeding grounds.
“Goiânia City Hall has played its part in the fight against the mosquito that spreads dengue fever, but everyone still has a part to play. We rely on the help of the population,” Mayor Rogério Cruz stresses.
Check the locations where the water sources are confirmed during cleaning:
– City Hall
– Goiás Avenue
– Avenida T-63, Bela Vista Sector
– Boa Ventura Square, Vila Nova
– Tamandaré Square
– Avenida T-23, Setor Bueno
– Avenida T-25, Setor Bueno
– Conscious Square, Western Sector
– Cruzeiro Square, southern sector
– Casa de Vidro Cultural Center, Jardim Goiás
– Triangle Square, Jardim Goiás
– Ipe Square, Bueno Sector