The municipality of Chapecón, in the western part of Santa Catarina, is celebrating the “D-day” of vaccinations against influenza and measles on Saturday (30). The health centers are open from 8 am to 11 am and from 1 pm to 4 pm, the municipal health agency reported.
To get the vaccine, just take the vaccination card and the card from the health center. However, vaccination is not for everyone, but for priority groups.
The campaign began in April and to date, 28% of the group of health workers and the elderly have been vaccinated against the flu and 40% of the group of health workers against measles.
According to Beatris Zanfir Damarem, a nurse in charge of Chapecó’s national vaccination plan, these audiences will continue to be vaccinated in May in addition to the new vaccines integrated. The target population for measles patients is 21,744 in Chapecóban. There are 77,988 people with the flu. The promotion is valid until June 3rd.
On Saturday, the groups that can be vaccinated against the flu are:
- 1. Children from 6 months to less than 5 years (4 years, 11 months and 29 days);
- 2. Healthcare workers: all healthcare workers in public and private services at different levels of complexity. Health professionals; Support workers. Health students providing assistance in assisting health services;
- 3. Pregnant women, women in the process of childbirth (up to 45 days after delivery);
- 4. Public and private primary and higher education teachers;
- 5. Elderly people 60 years of age and older;
- 6. security and rescue force, federal, military, civilian and road police professionals; military and civilian firefighters; and municipal guards; Defense Forces Professionals, Active Members (Navy, Army, and Air Force);
- 7. People with non-communicable chronic disease and other specific diseases regardless of age;
- 8. Permanently disabled: (motor impairment causing great difficulty or inability to walk or climb stairs, hearing even when using hearing aids, difficulty seeing even when wearing glasses, mental retardation);
In the measles campaign, you can vaccinate:
- 1 – Healthcare workers (regardless of age and who have already taken two doses in their lifetime);
- 2- Children from 6 months to less than 5 years (4 years 11 months and 29 days).