A ceasefire at the martyrdom in Mariupol allowed the evacuation of 20 people from the Azovstal power plant, while the bodies of three men in the suburbs of Buchan showed signs of torture. Russia, which says it is in favor of minimizing the risks of nuclear war as much as possible, announced the attack on 17 Ukrainian military installations with precision missiles. Odessa airport was also hit. Here are the highlights of this 66th War Day, which was attended by actress and activist Angelina Jolie.
– Twenty injured civilians were evacuated from the Azovstal steel plant, on martyrdom in Mariupol, where 1,000 civilians and 2,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been besieged, said a factory spokesman who confirmed a ceasefire in the area to allow evacuation. New satellite images released by Maxar Technologies on Saturday show almost all the buildings were destroyed.
– A senior official in the Russian Foreign Ministry said that Moscow believes that the risks of nuclear war should be minimized as much as possible. “The risks of a nuclear war that must never be unleashed must be minimized, especially by preventing armed conflict between nuclear powers. Russia clearly follows this understanding,” said Vladimir Jermakov, the ministry’s chief of staff. nuclear weapons, the state news agency quoted. Minister Sergei Lavrov accused NATO of meddling in Ukraine’s political settlementdeclared that the United States and the countries of the transatlantic alliance used the country as “an instrument to contain Russia.”
– The Kiev authorities announced it found the bodies of three men with signs of torture in a mine in Myrotsky, a village near the town of Buchan.. The victims had their hands tied, mouthwashes and eyes blinded. “The victims were tortured for a long time, and eventually each of them was shot in the head,” said Andriy Nebytov, head of the Kiev regional police, quoted by France-Presse (AFP). According to the official, “the inhabitants tried to hide the traces of violence, so they threw the bodies into the well and covered them on the ground.”
– The Russian Ministry of Defense announced that the country’s armed forces reached today 17 Ukrainian military installations with high-precision missiles, which destroyed the command post and artillery depot, Reuters reported. According to the ministry, the attacks killed more than 200 Ukrainian soldiers and destroyed 23 armored vehicles.
– THE to Odessa AirportThe Ukrainian coastal city on the Black Sea was attacked by Russian missiles this Saturday. Authorities and on-site suppliers said no injuries occurred, but the runway became unusable.
– Ukraine and Russia held a exchange of prisoners: Seven soldiers (including a woman in her fifth month pregnant) and seven Ukrainian civilians returned home, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said in a statement that did not say how many Russian citizens were transferred.
– Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Agriculture accused Russian troops stolen “several hundred thousand tons” of grain in the occupied territories.
– Actress Angelina Jolie, The Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) traveled to Ukraine. In the image below, provided by the municipality of Lviv, an American human rights defender poses with children in a city in the western part of the country.