The new feature presented at the Google I / O Conference is still in the testing phase and has no release date
Google announced on Wednesday (May 11, 2022) that it is developing augmented reality glasses that can turn conversations at the same time. The novelty in the testing phase was presented to the developers during the conference Google I / Owhich showed the main publications bigtech for the next few years.
The technique was introduced during a short video of less than 2 minutes. Displays 2 dialogues translated from English – one in Mandarin Chinese and the other in Spanish. It uses tools already researched by Google for other functions, such as the search engine algorithm lens and mainly Translator.
watch the video (1min46s, in English):
Glass is rethinking the project behind the Google Glass device, which was launched in 2014 to replace smartphones and bring them to eye level, but lacked public support.
Google confirmed the launch of the acquisition on Monday, May 9th Raxiumwhich specializes in the manufacture of MicroLED displays – with better brightness, resolution and lifespan compared to current OLED and LCD mobile phone displays.
New virtual glasses do not have a release date.
Other Company News were also presented at the conference:
- Android 13: the new operating system focuses on privacy, such as the external access restrictions required by applications. It also allows you to select the language you want in different languages applications by the user;
- Translator: The tool added 24 new languages, including Guarani. The platform now has 133 languages;
- maps: It is possible to explore cities around the world in 3D using the Immersive View feature. The feature includes views of shops and enclosed spaces such as museums and restaurants;
- Assistant: The “Ok, Google” command used to activate the feature will be terminated;
- Search: expanding monihakuthe company will increase the ability to search for images in Lens with additional text, in addition to the ability to use Scene Exploration to search for information about the objects in the images;
- pixels: The company introduced the Pixel 6a smartphone, which is similar in design to the 2021 model -in spite of, equipped with the new Google Tensor chip. It will be launched in the United States in July with black, green and white options priced at US $ 449. The Brazilian market is not expected to enter.