The NPD Group has released a ranking of U.S. game sales based on surveys conducted in April 2022 by most of the country’s largest distributors.
Check it out, keeping in mind that NPD now lists the most profitable games and not the units sold (because digital sales are also being phased out):
* Digital sales are not taken into account
^ Unrecorded PC digital sales
# Minecraft sales include all physical and digital units on the PlayStation and Xbox
General – April 2022
The best-selling of 2022
Last 12 months
PlayStation – April 2022
Xbox – April 2022
Exchange – April 2022
- The Switch was the best-selling console units in April, while the PS5 leads in dollar revenue;
- Switch’s total sales exceeded PS4’s sales in the United States. As a result, the Nintendo console is now the fourth best-selling console in U.S. history, after only the PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii;
- In addition to being the largest LEGO release in history, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga leads the list and already ranks second as the best-selling game of 2022;
- Elden Ring has overtaken Call of Duty: in the rankings of Vanguard for the past 12 months;
- The DualShock 4 was the best-selling accessory of the month. The Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller is still the best-selling controller of 2022.