The State Department of Health (SES) confirmed 11 other deaths dengue heat In Rio Grande do Sul this year. There are already 26 deaths from the disease. More than 21,000 cases have been confirmed in the state (called the original). It is the highest number of cases and deaths in Rio Grande do Sul in a single year.
According to the information on the website Monitoring of arboviruses In the RS, in 2021, the state recorded 11 deaths due to the disease. In 2020, there were six. In 2019, 2018 and 2017, there were no deaths.
In April, the SES ordered a high level of preparedness against the disease in Rio Grande do Sul. Prevention must be carried out by removing stagnant areas of stagnant water, Aedes aegyptiincreases.
The arrival of winter may help reduce the number of new cases of dengue fever in RS
Residents of the eastern zone double concern over spread of dengue fever in Porto Alegre
Can the use of repellents help prevent dengue fever? Experts say yes
Of the 26 deaths confirmed this year, 19 were people aged 70 and older. Two in the 50-59 age group, 40-49 year olds, and 30-39 year olds died. The record was also between 10-14 years.
Of the cities where he died, five died of dengue fever for the first time this year: Erechim, Estância Velha, Nova Hartz, Novo Machado and Porto Alegre. Other cases were in municipalities with some occurrence in 2022: Cachoeira do Sul, Horizontina, Igrejinha (three new deaths) and Novo Hamburgo.
Learn more about dengue:
- Acute febrile illness, which can have a wide clinical spectrum: although most patients recover after a mild and self-limiting clinical course, a small proportion progress to serious illness.
- The first manifestation is a high fever (above 38 ° C), starting suddenly, usually between two and seven days with headache, body and joint pain, and tiredness, weakness, pain behind the eyes. red patches on the skin. Rash and itchy skin may also occur.
- Alarm signals are called so-called because they signal plasma bleeding and / or bleeding that can lead to severe shock and death to the patient. The severe form of the disease includes severe and persistent abdominal pain, nausea, persistent vomiting, and mucosal bleeding.
- All age groups are equally susceptible to the disease, but the elderly and those with chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure are at higher risk for serious cases and other fatal complications.
Learn about measures to prevent the spread of mosquitoes:
- Remove the plates to check the potted plants. A sponge for cleaning attached eggs that can survive up to 400 days without contact with water;
- Bromeliads and other plants can collect water. The leaves of ground plants are sprayed with water to remove the larvae that have developed in the leaf nest;
- Check for materials that may accumulate or contain water, such as buckets, pots, and bottles. If identified, it is important to dry, cover, or place in a covered area.
- Water tanks, basins or tanks for storing rainwater must be kept covered and free of cracks – or otherwise put in a millimeter net (used in mosquito nets);
- Materials to be disposed of, such as cans, plastic packaging, glass and PET bottles, must be collected and placed in a plastic bag for selective waste collection;
- Check that the chute is clean and remove leaves and other materials that may interfere with the proper flow of water;
- Check the drains. If the water is dry even on dry days, a millimeter net must be placed or bleach added weekly to kill the larvae;
- Small plastic basins should be emptied or chlorinated regularly;
- Fixed pools must be cleaned once a week and treated with chlorine at all times;
- Tires should be stored in covered areas or large holes should be made for drainage if used outdoors;
- External bathrooms and unused spaces shall be kept with toilets covered and millimeter walls in the drain;
- Those infected with dengue fever should protect themselves with repellents and wear long clothing to prevent them from being bitten by mosquitoes.
Cities and number of dengue deaths in RS in 2022:
Boa Vista do Burica: 1
Southern Waterfall: 2
Southern crystal: 1
Two brothers: 1
Old resort: 1
small church: 4
The new Hartz: 1
New Hamburg: 3
New ax: 1
Porto Alegre: 1
Circular traffic: 1
Sapucaia do Sul: 1